10 Minute Business Tactic
Life feels a bit chaotic and cRaZy these days, right?
You probably already feel frazzled, overwhelmed and more than likely swamped!
As business owners and entrepreneurs, there is just one too many tasks for us to do on a daily basis.
What I don’t want to do is add to that list of tasks,
What I do want to do is help.
The problem with being swamped is it is hard to keep your head above water, you’re constantly struggling to tread water, and getting traction on projects can be really difficult when bogged in a swamp.
The thing with swamps is you don’t know what lies beneath the muddy water. Often there are risks (like crocodiles) laying beneath the surface that can’t be seen, ready to strike, just waiting for you when you least expect them.
The only way to reduce the swamp is to pull the plug . . . yes, it is time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!
How? I hear you ask.
- Simple; follow these steps – Download the Drain the Swamp template, simply click the image below:
- Using the template take 3 minutes and record the things that are irritating, OK & stimulating.
- Then take 2 minutes and allocate how much time you are currently working on these items and then how much time you would like (desired) to be working on them
- Now it is time to record and take some action. Use the remaining 5 minutes to work out how you will reduce the irritating activity (think can it be dumped or delegated), then think how you will manage the OK (think can it be delegated or delayed), so that you can have more time doing the stimulating tasks.
- This process may need some more time, especially if your swamp is wide and deep, but taking 10 minutes to drain the swamp can make a world of difference to your stress levels and your ability to lead your business.
So, there you have it, you just drained the swamp. . . it feels good doesn’t it ????
I hope this process has drained your swamp and made you feel more in control and focussed on your priorities.