Recently I read a great blog on how to retain more from the books you read and wanted to share it with you. Darius Foroux suggests don’t necessarily read more . . . read smarter. That way you will retain more of what you learn. He has 5 simple steps to help us retain more in the books we want read. The tips are;
1. Have a purpose for the book you are reading
2. See Yourself As A Teacher and share your reading with others
3. Highlight & Make Mental Connections by making notes
4. Visualise & Imagine what you are reading and how you can apply it
5. Immediately Apply One Piece Of New Knowledge as it will cement what you are learning
To read the original blog by Darrius Fouroux click here
Darrius also makes one last valid point . . . Knowledge alone is completely useless.
So my advice is to go share and apply your learning as much as you can.
What’s the one thing you’re going to apply after reading this blog?