CEOs and business owners need to be constantly developing the leadership skills of line managers to remain competitive in an ever-changing business environment.
By harnessing your managers’ leadership ability, you can help your people and your business reach their full potential.
In order to grow your business and remain competitive, you need a process to drive learning and growth in your leaders.
The potential benefits are great:
- – Not only higher performance from the managers and their direct reports, but those impacts trickling down to front line staff.
- – Accelerating change across the business and driving commercial strategies to achieve desired objectives.
- – Creating motivation and energy in the team and improving retention.
So, how do we do it? The trick is to deliver the right mix of learning, in the right format, at the right time and in the right place for the right person.
Here are Five Steps to Developing your Business Leaders
1. Analyse your gap
From the start, you need to do an audit of your leaders current skills to highlight gaps on which to focus. A needs analysis will pinpoint key learning needs and set the goals of what you want to achieve. Engage all current and potential leaders to seek feedback and ensure alignment with your current business objectives and overall company vision.
2. Time for a plan
A great leadership program is not just a one-off event, it should be a well-structured process based on your clearly defined learning outcomes. Select the most suitable training and coaching topics ranging from problem solving, communication and change success, to driving project teams, delegation and motivation. Incorporate learning across different managers and areas of the business, creating synergies.
3. Delivery method
Delivery of your program will depend on the location of your leaders and the resources available to engage them. Find the right balance of traditional face-to-face training and online delivery through webinars and online training modules. An online support network also enables leaders to collaborate with peers and have access to expert facilitators anywhere.
4. Talk to an expert
Engage an outside expert in leadership training and coaching if you don’t have the expertise in-house or if it’s time for a fresh view of what your business needs. Having a tailored solution to meet the unique needs of your business can save you precious time and avoid costly mistakes.
5. Change is the one constant
Leadership development is not a ‘set and forget’ program that you leave on the shelf to become outdated. By regularly monitoring your program and relevance to your management team, you will be able to adapt it to keep up with the changes in your business environment. This will ensure you remain competitive.
Unlock the power of your people with the Leadership Academy program
The Leadership Academy program provides a customised development program for your senior team. Lead your business into the future with confidence, empowering your managers with the skills and support they need to do the best job possible. You will reach your short and longer-term goals.Learn more about the LEADERSHIP ACADEMY PROGRAM
Good leaders aren’t born. They are developed . . . and we are here to help.
If you are keen to develop your business leaders and remain competitive, contact our office on 02 6658 0775 or email email@example.com
Sean Martyn & Nikki Tomasoni
PS: Whenever you’re ready . . . here are 4 ways we can help you grow your business:
1. Join the Business By Design HUB & connect with other businesses who are scaling too. It’s our private Facebook community where we share the latest insights, business tips and ask questions about business. — Join now by just Clicking Here.
2. Download The Profit Booster Hacks for business. These 12 simple strategies guarantee more profit in your business without having to find any new customers! – just Click Here …….it’s free
3. Join our Business Leaders Program. There are 4 key elements to the program that guarantees success; Coaching & Training / Workshops / an Online Support portal and scores of tools / An active Peer-To-Peer Network of clients helping each other. To find out more – Click Here
4. Work with me and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take your profit from 6 figures to 7 figures and beyond … just reply to this message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to achieve together, and I’ll get you all the details!