Often a lack of trust, within teams or the business overall, is not always well addressed. Creating trust creates “dividends” for the business, and a lack of trust creates “taxes” for the business. When you encounter a situation where there is a lack of trust, how can you deal with it?
There are four ways you can do so including:
1. Frame it in economic terms
– the issues of trust, or rather the lack of it, needs to be framed in economic terms. If not it will become a ‘nice to have’ initiative, not an economic issue. If you are wondering what is the impact of speed and cost on every dimension of the company; ask yourself if you could improve it? Then, what would the impact be if you did – e.g. in innovation, execution, or strategy.
2. Make trust a specific objective
– make so it is not seen as a nice by-product, but rather as a way of improving which inspires trust and confidence.
3. Focus on instilling practising and applying the behaviours that engender trust in the company
– it is not just the softer behaviours, but also the harder results, that help to drive results. People need to be seen to be performing and being credible, this creates trust, and helps to drive it.
4. Build Trust
– trust is key for driving good business and for avoiding the costly implications of the seven “trust taxes”. Build trust for yourself, for your managers, reports and peers within your company and for those with whom you have relationships (or want a trusting relationship). To do this follow these three steps:
Keep Commitments and
Do this for yourself with all those who you deal with, share this with your teams to help them do the same, and be clear about why you are doing this with the people with whom you are looking to be build trust.
(Acknowledgement: Article by Andrew Cooke from Blue Sky GPS)
PS: Whenever you’re ready . . . here are 4 ways we can help you grow your business:
1. Join the Business By Design HUB & connect with other businesses who are scaling too. It’s our private Facebook community where we share the latest insights, business tips and ask questions about business. — Join now by just Clicking Here.
2. Download The Profit Booster Hacks for business. These 12 simple strategies guarantee more profit in your business without having to find any new customers! – just Click Here …….it’s free
3. Join our Business Leaders Program. There are 4 key elements to the program that guarantees success; Coaching & Training / Workshops / an Online Support portal and scores of tools / An active Peer-To-Peer Network of clients helping each other. To find out more – Click Here
4. Work with me and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take your profit from 6 figures to 7 figures and beyond … just reply to this message and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to achieve together, and I’ll get you all the details!